Friday, June 11, 2010



Ah, summer, the calendar is filling up fast. Birthday parties with bounce houses, father's day, craft nights...

UpcycleSLO will be at Chronic Cellars in Paso Robles for an Art and Wine event this coming Sunday. Check out www.chroniccellars.com/events for more details ($5 gets you wine and cheese pairings and lots of art to look at!)

I finished off my two months at the south county elementary school where I have been working with 1st graders this week. Kids are great. I had a new hair cut and one girl said, "Miss McGrath! I didn't recognize you!" Our last project lasted 3 classes (which means we finally got to finish a project and TALK about it!) We did some Eric Carle style painting, mixing secondary colors and dragging combs through the wet paint to add texture. Then we talked about Alebrijes, a Mexican folk art form, and started a cut paper collage of an invented animal, or alebrije.


No comments:

Post a Comment