Friday, August 27, 2010

you CAN sew with heels on!

do you ever feel the need to dress up at home, just 'cause? like putting on red lipstick at home, just for yourself to see? well, that's how i discovered that yes, you can sew with $1 garage sale heels on. actually, that may be the only time i out them on, as I don't know if i can walk far in them!
moving on.... i am trying to push/challenge my creative self, taking "upcycling" to new levels.
since i have taught myself to sew the last few years, that has been the main focus of my creativity, and i am loving it! much to my husband's chagrin i'm sure, i can't stop collectin fabric; old sheets, pillowcases, scraps from garage sales, thrift stores, friends closets, i can't stop!


i am trying to find a good way to use old record albums. i have all my old albums, punk frm my high school days, even muppet movie albums from my 6th birthday! but i need to find a new thing to do with the flasdance lp with a warp in the vinyl (how i wish i could still listen to it!). i have been thinking tops for bar stools, or small tables, coasters made from the cover, etc.

how do you remember when your library items are due? i have been making magnet reminders for library receipts... using a clothespin, magnet, tin can lid and magazine collage.

bracelet cuffs from cut up tp rolls, with fabric and buttons....


cut up plastic bags turned into a sewn flower and glued to a hairclip.


my latest sewing projects: t-shirt aprons (idea from a great t-shirt repurpose book)
and a pillowcase dress with alphabet stamps!

No comments:

Post a Comment